A late equaliser from substitute Tom Beadling rescued Barrow a 1-1 draw at fellow strugglers Colchester.
Colchester had a goal disallowed in the 20th minute when Brendan Wiredu tapped in from close range but referee John Busby ruled that Barrow goalkeeper Joel Dixon had been fouled.
Scott Quigley fired a low cross-shot wide for Barrow before the U's took a precious 33rd-minute lead through Callum Harriott, whose low first-time shot flew in after Frank Nouble had helped Courtney Senior's delivery into his path.
It was very nearly 2-0 to Colchester a minute later when Wiredu somehow failed to convert from four yards, after Dixon had failed to properly hold on to Nouble's low shot.
Beadling dragged a low effort wide of the far post before Nouble wasted a good chance at the other end when he fired off-target from Wiredu's pass.
- The unlikely rise of Nat Phillips
- Ref's report reveals racism allegation in Cadiz vs Valencia
- Pep: Man City may spend £100m on one player in future
- How Benzema became Real's main man after Ronaldo
- Will Kane or Salah win Golden Boot?
- Ref Watch: Sympathy for Dean at Old Trafford?
- Khan warns Benn: It only takes one punch!
- Mardle's PL Darts season predictions
- Wolves' toughest season under Nuno
- The Joshua vs Fury of women's boxing?
But Beadling struck home a fine low shot from the edge of the area in the 88th minute to salvage a crucial point for Barrow.
Win £250,000 on Friday!
Do not miss your chance to land the £250,000 in Friday's Super 6 round. Play for free, entries by 3:00pm.