Exeter's promotion hopes suffered another blow as they were held to a 0-0 draw by struggling Mansfield in a dire contest at St James Park.
Mansfield started well with George Lapslie hooking a shot over his shoulder and narrowly wide of goal, but it was a game severely lacking in quality.
Tyrese Sinclair did have the ball in the net for Mansfield, on the half hour mark, but it was ruled out for a foul, while Exeter's first attempt came on 31 minutes when Lewis Page skied high from distance.
Stephen McLaughlin forced Exeter goalkeeper Jokull Andresson into a good save with his feet, but it was Exeter's Jack Sparkes that came closest to a goal when his header was brilliantly saved by Aidan Stone on the stroke of half-time.
The second half started in the same way with chances few and far between. Jordan Bowery headed well wide for Mansfield, while Sinclair was denied by Andresson.
- The unlikely rise of Nat Phillips
- Ref's report reveals racism allegation in Cadiz vs Valencia
- Pep: Man City may spend £100m on one player in future
- How Benzema became Real's main man after Ronaldo
- Will Kane or Salah win Golden Boot?
- Ref Watch: Sympathy for Dean at Old Trafford?
- Khan warns Benn: It only takes one punch!
- Mardle's PL Darts season predictions
- Wolves' toughest season under Nuno
- The Joshua vs Fury of women's boxing?
Substitute Randell Williams saw an effort blocked after a surging run and Matt Jay's long-range effort deflected wide for Exeter.
Win £250,000 on Friday!
Do not miss your chance to land the £250,000 in Friday's Super 6 round. Play for free, entries by 3:00pm.