A crunch League One promotion clash ended in deadlock as Peterborough and Sunderland battled out a 1-1 draw at the Weston Homes Stadium.
Second-placed Posh kicked off two points ahead of the visitors and that's exactly the way it remained in front of the TV cameras.
The two sides battling to climb into the Championship traded second-half goals with substitute Siriki Dembele's opener for Posh cancelled out by a piece of Aiden McGeady magic.
Dembele classily stroked a left-footed finish past Black Cats keeper Lee Burge in the 66th minute following a fine Nathan Thompson pass.
Burge superbly denied Sammie Szmodics a second goal with a smart stop from a tight angle and that proved to be a vital contribution as Sunderland clawed themselves back onto level terms.
- The unlikely rise of Nat Phillips
- Ref's report reveals racism allegation in Cadiz vs Valencia
- Pep: Man City may spend £100m on one player in future
- How Benzema became Real's main man after Ronaldo
- Will Kane or Salah win Golden Boot?
- Ref Watch: Sympathy for Dean at Old Trafford?
- Khan warns Benn: It only takes one punch!
- Mardle's PL Darts season predictions
- Wolves' toughest season under Nuno
- The Joshua vs Fury of women's boxing?
McGeady struck with a terrific 25-yard free-kick in the 81st minute that flew past Posh keeper Christy Pym.
Sunderland then finished strongly and came closest to a dramatic winner when Posh defender Mark Beevers sliced a cross against his own post in the 90th minute, but the points were shared.
Win £250,000 on Friday!
Do not miss your chance to land the £250,000 in Friday's Super 6 round. Play for free, entries by 3:00pm.